Roofing Contractor in East London, Eastern Cape
Bosazza Roofing & Timber Homes
We are a specialist roofing contractor based in East London. We do all kinds of roofing including:
- New roofs on houses and homes, hotels, conference centres, offices and more
- Truss installation
- Fitting of tiles, roof sheeting and shingles
- Re-roofing of old roofs
- Fitting ceilings in new roofs
- Roofs over verandas, decks and outdoor spaces
- Pergolas and custom carpentry including decking and balustrades
Our clients are home owners, businesses and government projects.
We are professional members of the ITC-SA which is the organization that oversees the roofing industry in South Africa. New roofs that we build are checked by a qualified ITC-SA inspector and we give a sign off certificate when we finish the project.
Professional Roofing Contractor
Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home or business and we think it’s worth choosing a professional roofing contractor to build it. That’s why we go out of our way to make sure that we can give you that service.
- We are a member of the Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA) as a Roof Erector
- We are qualified to build “Category A” roofs which are the biggest and most complex types of roofs
- Our membership with the ITC-SA means that we take part in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) every year, that our roofs are checked and signed off by a qualified inspector, and then logged in our roofing log book
- Jonathan Bosazza, our CEO, is directly involved in roofing projects which means that his commitment to excellence is carried into our work
- We won the Gold Award for Roofing in the 2018 ITC-SA National Timber Engineered Product Awards
- All of our work carries a workmanship guarantee
- We have comprehensive insurance and are compliant with relevant government departments
“The Bosazza Roofing team comes across as keen, energetic and competent. Their quality of work is excellent – a result of their attention to detail and willingness to meet the requirements of their client, the roof design and quality workmanship. I am very happy with my roof.”Mr. R. Dancer
Residential Client, Chintsa
Recent Roofing Projects
See more of our recent roofing projects on our Projects page >
Get a Quote for your New Roof
We follow a process to quote for new roofing jobs. Here’s how things work:
- You contact us for a quote. The more information you give us the better so if you have a roof design already please send it. We will work on a quotation for you according to the information you have given us. As a minimum we need to know: where the building is that we may be working on, what size it is, the roof design and pitch (if you have these), and what roof material you are thinking of (if you know this).
- We work on a quotation and send it back to you on email. Sometimes we will make recommendations about what roofing material you should use according to the roof design. Our quotations are very detailed and include all of the materials that we need to supply and fit the roof, as well as the labour cost to do this.
- If you don’t have a roof plan you can still contact us and send us a house plan or an estimate of the size of the building. In this case the quotation that you get back from us will also be an estimate or a provisional sum, which can be finalized when you have the final roof design.
We will quote on:
– Installing roof trusses (the trusses are made and supplied by a truss manufacturer – not by us – we have a preferred supplier in the local area if you need us to quote on supply as well)
– Supply and fitting of roofing including corrugated roof sheeting, tiles or shingles. We do not sell these products ourselves – they come from our suppliers.
– Supply and fitting of eave ceilings in a new roof
– Fitting ceilings inside the house on new roofs. Find out more about Ceiling Installation >
– Stripping the old roof off and removing from site
– Supply and fitting of roofing including corrugated roof sheeting, tiles or shingles. We do not sell these products ourselves – they come from our suppliers
– Supply and fitting of eave ceilings (optional)
Veranda Roofs, Pergolas, Decking and Custom Carpentry
– Supply and fitting the entire structure. Send us an idea of what you want and we will quote on it!
We will do our best to include all of the information that you need in the quote but if you have questions please get back to us.
Award Winning Roofing Contractor
Our work at House Rumble in Olivewood Golf Estate, won the Gold Award for roofing at the 2018 ITC-SA Timber Engineered Product Awards. Watch the youtube video below to see drone footage of the project. As well as installing the roof over the main house, entrance and Summer Kitchen, we built the decks, veranda balustrades and pergolas. You can read more about this project in our article >
“After the fire disaster, the ten burnt houses were re-built. The developer awarded five houses to Bosazza Roofing. The work was of a good standard and Johnny Bosazza was a great help to the home owner in making decisions on different roof structures. I would recommend Bosazza Rooding to any home builder. And I will use Johnny on my remaining plots to be built on.”Mr. D. Kunhardt
Development Owner, Chintsa
We strive to be the best roofing contractor in the industry because we have the passion to lead and we want our clients to know that they are getting the best. For this reason we work hard to make sure that we are qualified and are members of relevant organizations and associations. We are members of the following:
Institute for Timber Construction, South Africa (ITC-SA)
The ITC-SA is the organization that regulates the engineered timber roofing industry in South Africa. We are a qualified Roof Erector member. To become a member of the ITC-SA contractors must complete a written exam as well as have their work inspected by an ITC approved inspector. As members our projects are inspected regularly and signed off by an engineer. We also take part in industry meetings to keep up to date with the latest developments and news. Although it is not currently a law, we believe that all roofing contractors should be certified members of the ITC-SA which helps to protect home owners from rogue roofers. Find out more about the ITC-SA >
Roof Erector Certificate of Competency: COC/783/ERE
South African Institute of Timber Builders (SAITB)
The SAITB oversees the larger timber construction industry in South Africa which includes timber frame buildings, post and beam structures, solid log homes, decking, boardwalks, bridges and more. In 2018 we completed the SAQA recognized qualification in timber frame building through the ITC. This professional qualification included study of relevant handbooks as well as practical knowledge tests and inspections of work by a qualified engineer. The course is aligned with the SANS codes of practice, material specifications and SAITB technical requirements. Find out more about the SAITB >
Timber Frame Builder Certificate of Competency: COC/734/TFB
Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB)
We are graded at Level Six as General Builders (GB6) by the CIDB. The CIDB have a very strict grading system and check that registered contractors have access to appropriate plant and equipment, cashflow and are compliant with government departments. A rating of GB6 means that we can tender for government projects up to the value of R 20 million. The CIDB offers us opportunities to work on larger contracts but we also feel that it shows private and commercial clients that we have the capacity to complete large projects. Find out more about the CIDB >
General Builder: Level 6
Registration No. 10107211
National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC)
The NHBRC regulates the home building industry in South Africa. It is a legal requirement that all new builds are registered with the NHBRC. The home must also be built by a home builder registered with the NHBRC. Contractors must prove that they are a legitimate building company to become a member. We had to supply documents including proof of lease agreements, bank accounts, company registration and certified IDs. You can’t start building a house without an Enrolment Certificate from the NHBRC. Find out more about the NHBRC >
Membership number: 3000156303.
Are you looking for other building and construction services? Head over to our home page to read about our other services which include timber frame building, thatching and roof conversions.
Talk to us!
If you would like more information about our company please give us a call or drop us an email: 043 738 5044 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are emailing for a quotation on a new roofing project please try to give us as much information as possible in your email so that we can give you an accurate quote as quickly as possible!