Consistently one of our most popular products and services is the construction and thatching of thatch lapa and outdoor entertainment areas. These permanent outdoor structures celebrate what it is to enjoy the outdoor lifestyle of South Africa; whether you choose a small lapa by the pool or a large structure with built-in cooking facilities and the all important braai, we can help you see your thatch lapa dreams come true!
A thatch lapa is a structure that offers diversity and can be built to suit the needs of your home or business. We have built lapas for the following occasions:
- Rustic wedding venues
- Outdoor markets, retail businesses & restaurants
- Shelter and shade by the pool
- Under cover braai and outdoor dining area
Often lapa designs are open or semi-closed with no walls or perhaps a wall at the back. Here is an example of a large thatched lapa that Bosazza Roofing & Timber Homes constructed which is closed in with four brick walls.
Bosazza Roofing & Timber Homes was contracted to rebuild a large thatched lapa at the C Club (restaurant, bar and events venue) in Chintsa East. Scope of works involved extensive remedial work on the existing structure...
Four Reasons to Choose a Thatch Lapa
- Creative Design – the only thing holding you back on your thatch lapa design is your imagination! Create an open space or closed, straight angles and edges in the thatch or curves, choose your size, choose your support structure… the World is your oyster!
- Aesthetically Beautiful – thatch is a stunning addition to any outdoor space, it’s rustic charm will add warmth and character.
- Affordable Yet Permanent – depending on the finishes that you choose a thatch lapa can be extremely affordable in comparison with other outdoor shelter options and guess what? It’s permanent! So you won’t have to rethink it in a few years time.
- Shelter and Shade – As well as offering a great shady, cool spot for the Summer because of it’s insulation properties, a thatch lapa can offer a warm shelter in cooler weather – ensuring that you can use your outdoor space all year round come rain or shine.